Medical students are CIR’s main audience. Since 2015, CIR has helped over 40 students who want to practice according to their consciences, to successfully match into their specialties. Meet a coach from CIR today for individualized, entirely free coaching on getting into med school, getting through med school, getting into residency, or getting through residency, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
CIR is not affiliated with any faith tradition, but some resources from faith traditions are included as explanations for readers with relevant beliefs.
- Christian Medical and Dental Association (CMDA). Position Statement: Double Effect. 2005. Full text here.
- CMDA. Position Statement: Moral Complicity with Evil. 2004. Full text here.
- Alliance Defending Freedom. Healthcare Handbook. Full text here.
- Medical Matins Blog. Tips on Getting Through OB/GYN as a Med Student. Non-affiliate link.
Tips from a Catholic on surviving the OB/GYN rotation here.
- Kalinowski K, Buskmiller C, Ward DG. Reproductive Services and Conscience-Based Refusals in Obstetrics and Gynecology Training. Linacre Q. 2021 ePub ahead of print. Abstract here.
- Wicclair M. Conscience-Based Exemptions for Medical Students. Cambridge Quarterly of Healthcare Ethics. 2010 19(1):38-50. Abstract here.