CIR is not affiliated with any faith tradition, but some resources from faith traditions are included as explanations for readers with relevant beliefs.
- Christian Medical and Dental Association (CMDA). Position Statement on Opiates. 2020. Full text here.
- CMDA. Position on Organ Transplantation. Full text here.
- Catholic Medica Association. Position on Futility. 2007. Full text here.
- CMDA. Position on Death. 2004. Full text here.
- CMDA. Position on Medical Futility. 1994. Full text here.
- CMDA. Position on Pain Management. 1993. Full text here.
- CMDA. Position on Euthanasia. 1988. Full text here.
- Doran SE, Vukov JM. Organ Donation and Declaration of Death: Combined Neurologic and Cardiopulmonary Standards. Linacre Q. 2019 Nov;86(4):285-296. Full text here.
- Somerville M. Does It Matter How We Die? Ethical and Legal Issues Raised by Combining Euthanasia and Organ Transplantation. Linacre Q. 2019 Nov;86(4):359-365. Full text here.
- Raphael FJ, Ely W, Aksamit A, Golder B. Special Issue on Brain Death. Linacre Q. 2018 Nov;85(4):483. doi: 10.1177/0024363918817085. Epub 2019 Jan 3. Full text here.
- Sprung CL, Somerville MA, Radbruch L, Collet NS, Duttge G, Piva JP, Antonelli M, Sulmasy DP, Lemmens W, Ely EW. Physician-Assisted Suicide and Euthanasia: Emerging Issues From a Global Perspective. J Palliat Care. 2018 Oct;33(4):197-203. Abstract here.
- Sulmasy DP, Travaline JM, Mitchell LA, Ely EW. Non-faith-based arguments against physician-assisted suicide and euthanasia. Linacre Q. 2016 Aug;83(3):246-257. Full text here.