CIR is not affiliated with any faith tradition, but some resources from faith traditions are included as explanations for readers with relevant beliefs.
- All ASRM Practice Committee Documents on ART
- All ASRM Practice Committee Documents on third party reproduction
- Christian Medical and Dental Association. Position Statement: Three Parent Human Embryos. 2017. Full text here.
- McTavish J. Why the Church Says “Yes” to Life and “No” to IVF. Linacre Q. epub ahead of print 2022. Abstract here.
- Takahashi S, Johnston J, Patrizio P. Lessons from the premature adoption of preimplantation embryo testing. Genet Med. 2019 May;21(5):1038-1040. Full text here.
- Cohen G, Coan T, Ottey M, Boyd C. Sperm donor anonymity and compensation: an experiment with American sperm donors. J Law Biosci. 2016 Nov 23;3(3):468-488. Full text here.
- Nelson MK, Hertz R, Kramer W. Gamete donor anonymity and limits on numbers of offspring: the views of three stakeholders. J Law Biosci. 2015 Oct 29;3(1):39-67. Full text here.
- Van den Broeck U, Vandermeeren M, Vanderschueren D, Enzlin P, Demyttenaere K, D’Hooghe T. A systematic review of sperm donors: demographic characteristics, attitudes, motives and experiences of the process of sperm donation. Hum Reprod Update. 2013 Jan-Feb;19(1):37-51. Abstract here.
- Daniels CR, Heidt-Forsythe E. Gendered Eugenics and the Problematic of Free Market Reproductive Technologies: Sperm and Egg Donation in the United States. Signs 37.3 (2012): 719-747. Abstract here.
- Frith L, Sawyer N, Kramer W. Forming a family with sperm donation: a survey of 244 non-biological parents. Reprod Biomed Online. 2012 Jun;24(7):709-18. Abstract here.
- Lyerly AD, et al. Fertility patients’ views about frozen embryo disposition: results of a multi-institutional U.S. survey. Fertil Steril. 2010 Feb;93(2):499-509. Full text here.
- Nachtigall RD, Mac Dougall K, Harrington J, Duff J, Lee M, Becker G. How couples who have undergone in vitro fertilization decide what to do with surplus frozen embryos. Fertil Steril. 2009 Dec;92(6):2094-6. Full text here.
- Burns LH. Psychiatric aspects of infertility and infertility treatments. Psychiatr Clin North Am. 2007 Dec;30(4):689-716. Abstract here.
- Nachtigall RD, Becker G, Friese C, Butler A, MacDougall K. Parents’ conceptualization of their frozen embryos complicates the disposition decision. Fertil Steril. 2005 Aug;84(2):431-4. Full text here.